Duluth, GA, USA – AGCO Corporation, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision agriculture technology, has launched the new Fendt Rogator 900 Series applicator with adjustable clearance, bringing North American operators a single machine for applying liquid or dry crop care products at any time, to any size crop. The new Fendt Rogator will debut at MAGIE and the Farm Progress Show in August 2021.
“The Fendt Rogator 900 is the first of its kind – the only self-propelled, rear-mounted boom applicator with adjustable clearance and easy conversion between liquid and dry systems for ultimate versatility,” says David Fickel, manager of tactical marketing for application equipment at AGCO. “Because the new Rogator can be equipped for nearly any type of crop care application, customers not only optimise their investment in the machine, but have greater control over when and how products are applied. That helps ensure better product use for higher yields and an overall better return on their crop care investment,” Fickel adds.
As crop production practices evolve and farmers make more late-season passes to apply nutrients and fungicides or seed cover crops, the need for high-clearance equipment is greater than ever to clear tall crops like corn, sugarcane, sunflowers and others. Now, farmers can use the Fendt Rogator 900 as their one machine to apply liquid or dry products any time ‒ pre-plant or post-emergence in short or tall crops and after harvest for fall fertilisation, burndown or cover-crop seeding.
“This new Rogator is the latest farmer-focused solution in a line of innovations from AGCO that combines the quality, comfort and reliability of Fendt with the application expertise that began with the introduction of Ag-Chem’s first self-propelled field sprayer in 1972,” Fickel says. The new applicator is the latest solution from Fendt created to meet the evolving crop production needs of today’s farmers. It joins the Fendt IDEAL® combine, the Fendt Momentum® planter and the growing family of Fendt tractors.
Quickly change machine height and switch application systems
With the push of a button, the two new H (high-clearance) models automatically raise from standard to high clearance of up to 76 inches in less than 45 seconds for critical late-season dry or liquid application and less disturbance of tall crops. After application, the applicators just as quickly return to standard clearance of 56 to 60 inches, depending on model for superior stability on the road. Changing between the liquid system and a dry spinner or pneumatic system takes less than two hours: unhook two or four hydraulic connections, remove the onboard system from the chassis and replace it with the one needed for the next job. The hydraulic pump for all systems stays on the chassis, AGCO has said.
Designed with more automation, precision, productivity and comfort
Owners of Fendt tractors and combines as well as the current RoGator C Series applicator will find the multifunction joystick and armrest of the Rogator 900 series familiar and easy to operate.
Fendt Rogator 900 Series includes these features and options:
- The OptiLoad™ system of the industry-leading LiquidLogic® system now offers the best of both worlds – customisable and fully automated rinsing controlled from the cab. Using the Fendt VarioTerminal™, the operator can control how long to run each electronic valve for each type of product, without leaving the cab.
- A variable fan with reversing function helps clear the engine cooling package of pollen and fine dust, increasing cooling efficiency and reducing downtime to clear filters.
- The Fendt 900 Series cab features dual activated-carbon filters and a state-of-the-art cab pressurisation fan for protection from dust, aerosols and vapours. The cab has 12 per cent more glass than the previous Rogator, giving operators greater visibility. More shoulder room, Air-Ride™ seat suspension and a heated and cooled seat provide maximum comfort for long days in the machine.
- A range of nozzle, section and boom-height control options are available with the choice of two technology packages for precise application. The EZ-Drops™ drop tube kit can be added for placing late-season nitrogen and cover-crop seed below the crop canopy.
- Customers can choose either the Protechi technology package for the Fendt VarioTerminal and integrated Fendt technology or the ProTech+ technology package with the Fendt Viper® 4+ field computer for the ultimate combination of operating power and programme capabilities.
Five models, with multiple system choices to fit all operations
The Fendt Rogator 900 Series has five models: RG932, RG934, RG934H, RG937 and RG937H, ranging from 315 HP to 339 HP. The RG932 and RG934, with 70-inch-diameter tires, have 56-inch standard clearance; the RG937 has 80-inch tires and 60-inch standard clearance. The two high-clearance, dual-position chassis models, RG934H and RG937H, change to clearance heights of 72 inches and 76 inches, respectively.
You may also like: AGCO pilots innovative Precision Ag Line (PAL) support service for farmers
All models have AGCO Power™ 8.4L engines and are equipped with LiquidLogic liquid management (standard), with liquid capacities ranging from 900 to 1,300 gallons, or dry spinner systems with capacities ranging from 253 to 330 cubic feet. All but the RG932 can be equipped with the Air-Max® Precision R1 or R2 pneumatic boom spreader, ranging from 215 to 275 cubic feet in capacity. Owners can customise the systems and tank sizes they need for their operation.
Steel booms of 90-, 100- and 120-foot lengths with 10-, 15- and 20-inch nozzle spacing are available to suit specific width, volume and broadcast needs. An optional aluminium 132-foot boom, 5 per cent lighter than a 120-foot steel boom, is also offered.
Just as with the current RoGator C models, operators of the new Rogator 900 machines will benefit from the automatic traction control of the AWD SmartDrive™ system. Turn-compensated wheel speed provides independent control of each wheel to assist in tight turns and reduce soil disruption and crop damage. Optional GatorTrak™ 4-Wheel Steer offers a tight, 16.5-foot turning radius that dramatically improves field maneuverability, crosses fewer rows and reduces compaction.
(All specifications and features are based on the claims made by AGCO Corporation.)