Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare is organising the ‘Kisan Bhagidari Prathmikta Hamari’ (farmer partnership, our priority) campaign from 25th to 30th April, 2022 under ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ in association with various other ministries and departments of Government of India. During the campaign, Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare will organise countrywide programmes at the regional level for farmers.
The Department of Agricultural Research and Education would be organising a Krishi Mela at each Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) and field exhibition on natural farming. Union Agriculture Minister would be launching a countrywide workshop on crop insurance organised by common service centres (CSC).
A discourse on agro-ecological and livestock practices would be held under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) along with Ministry of Rural Development. During the week, a webinar on One District One Product (ODOP) would be held by the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Food Processing Industries. A National Atma Nirbhar Bharat Conclave of 75 selected farmers and entrepreneurs would also be held.
You may also like to read: West Bengal mandates Leads Connect for assessment & demarcation of flood-prone areas in the state
During the week, Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying will organise One District One Product based workshops, webinars and awareness programmes about various schemes of their departments.
More than one crore farmers and stakeholders are expected to participate in the campaign through direct (offline) and virtual (online) mediums across the country.
Key focus areas of the Kisan Bhagidari Prathmikta Hamari campaign
- Green Revolution: Self-sufficiency in foodgrain production
- Largest producer of horticulture crops – ginger, banana, mango and papaya
- Yellow Revolution (Operation Golden Flow)
- Sweet Revolution: Honey Production
- Improvement in crop irrigation
- Use of ICT in agriculture
- Application of remote sensing, GIS and drones in agriculture
- Application of biotechnology in agriculture
- Success of Watershed Development Programme
- Self-sufficiency in seeds and fertilisers
- Advancement in farm mechanisation
- Soil Health Management
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Key government schemes and activities to be focused in the campaign
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan)
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana – Per Drop More Crop (PMKSY-PDMC)
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- Kisan Credit Card (KCC)
- Agriculture Credit
- e-National Agriculture Market (e-NAM)
- Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs)
- Soil Health Card
- Organic and Natural Farming
- Plant Protection and Plant Quarantine
- Farm Mechanisation
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
- Seed and Planting Material
- Mission on Integrated Development of Horticulture
- Extension Reforms (ATMA)
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana – Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied Sectors Rejuvenation (RKVY –
- Agri startups