India is estimated to produce 316.06 million tonnes of foodgrains in the year 2021-22 which is 5.32 million tonnes higher than the foodgrain production in the year 2020-21. It has been revealed in the Second Advance Estimates of production for major crops for the year 2021-22 released on Wednesday by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
Speaking on the estimates, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narender Singh Tomar said that the new record of foodgrain production in the country was the result of hardwork of farmers, efficient research of scientists and farmer-friendly policies of the government.
As per 2nd Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2021-22
Foodgrains – 316.06 million tonnes
- Rice –127.93 million tonnes
- Wheat –111.32 million tonnes
- Nutri / Coarse Cereals – 49.86 million tonnes.
- Maize – 32.42 million tonnes
- Pulses –26.96 million tonnes
- Tur – 4.00 million tonnes.
- Gram – 13.12 million tonnes
Oilseeds – 37.15 million tonnes
- Groundnut – 9.86 million tonnes.
- Soyabean –13.12 million tonnes.
- Rapeseed and Mustard – 11.46 million tonnes
Sugarcane – 414.04 million tonnes
Cotton –34.06 million bales (each of 170 kg)
Jute & Mesta –9.57 million bales (each of 180 kg)
Click here to get the crop-wise estimated in Second Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2021-22